November 23

The progress I’ve made

I started researching different recipes and reading about some tips and tricks for better finished products. I was suprised to learn how much mascarpone cheese costed as it was almost $16 for 250gram tub. So I decided that I would use a substitute and started looking for ideas. Lots of websites were saying to use a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream. Then I found out I could make my own mascarpone cheese for much cheaper, it just requires more effort. I rearranged my plan and my first step for the tiramisu is to make the mascarpone cheese. I have not started trying to make things yet as I was sick the past two weeks and didn’t want to make things only I could eat.

Posted November 23, 2022 by marikaott22 in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “The progress I’ve made

1. Mrs. Englot

Nice work with the reflection. I’m really curious to hear about making mascarpone. I have a really yummy scone recipe that needs some!

Reply
  2. caitlinott22

Your plan sounds very interesting, and I am curious to see how to make the mascarpone cheese, and I didn’t know that you can make marscapone cheese yourself. It sounds tasty!

Reply